The State Emergency Response Commission (SERC) is comprised of 29 members that represent private industry, local governmental and responder groups, state agencies, and federal military partners as defined in Montana Code Annotated (MCA) Title 10-3-1204.
The SERC recognizes several committees:
- Steering Committee
- Hazardous Materials Committee
- All-Hazards Response Committee
- Senior Advisory Committee (SAC)
- Montana Emergency Response Framework - Emergency Support Functions (MERF-ESF) Committee
- Emergency Alert System / Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (EAS/IPAWS) Committee