Montana as adopted the following State Essential Functions (SEF) from the State, Territorial, Tribal and Local functions as described in FEMA's "Continuity Guidance Circulars 1 & 2":
- Maintain Continuity of Government
- Provide Visible Leadership
- Maintain Effective Relationships with Neighbors and Partners
- Maintain Law and Order
- Provide Emergency Services
- Maintain Economic Stability
- Provide Basic Essential Services.
The State Essential Functions Document includes a description of each SEF.
Montana's continuity policy, program and standards information can be reviewed in Montana's Continuity Policy Documents.